Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

ONLY FOR EXPERT/APPRAISER ON: THE ASSOCIATION OF MEDICAL…

ONLY FOR EXPERT/APPRAISER ON: THE...
ONLY FOR EXPERT/APPRAISER ON: THE ASSOCIATION OF MEDICAL ILLUSTRATORS/MEDICAL ILLUSTRATIONS/MEDICAL ARTISTS AND ILLUSTRATORSThe two prints that I have belong to my mother, who was a pharmacist for more than 40 years. They are pen and ink and signed by the artist in pencil.
They are fairly large: 26" X 22 1/2". They are framed and covered with glass. Once upon a time I had the name of the artist, but cannot find it anywhere. I will attach pics and please let me know if you need additional or clearer pics.
DSCN4078.jpgDSCN4078.jpgIMG_4748.jpgIMG_4748.jpgIMG_4751.jpgIMG_4751.jpgDSCN4079.jpgDSCN4079.jpgIMG_4749.jpgIMG_4749.jpg
2/19/2018
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment. ~Nora

Hi Lori,

The signature appears to be of the artist Allan Mardon. Does that name ring a bell to you?

~Nora

It sure does and I'm not sure why. My poor old brain. I just looked at them very closely and that is exactly whose signature that is. I have told you that you're amazing right? Lori

Awww shucks :) So there are five images attached here that are mostly close-ups. Ironically, I lived a few blocks from Bellevue for over 4 years in Manhattan...anyhow, would it be possible to add a photo that shows each in their entirety.

~Nora

I will await some close-ups of the 2nd one when the photographer returns ;)

~Nora

Hopefully these are better. Just let me know. Lori

Excellent, thank you.

Your vintage signed prints by Allan Mardon highlighting moments in medical history can sell for $450 each on today's market.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Nora
Thank you Nora. I am very blessed to have J. Bateman who is an accomplished musician, song writer, finished carpenter, and an excellent grocery shopper and many other things. My only other question was since these were not numbered could they be originals that were done especially for somebody?
Thank you for you time-Lori

You are very welcome and quite blessed with the J. Bateman :)

Since it is not a numbered limited edition, it is an 'open edition' meaning the artist could mass produce these and create another at any time.

~Nora

Will do, for sure!

~Nora