Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

How can i find out the value of a "PERFECT FOLDING BED"

How can i find...

How can i find out the value of a "PERFECT FOLDING BED" "PATENT NOV 15 87" "6.S S" This is stamped on the bed frame and is still functioning

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

I am trying to gather information

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

I believe it has the original springs and is in reasonably good shape. it is still functioning and i use it for a guest bed

Answered in 1 minute by:
2/18/2018
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser

My name is Glenda,
I am reviewing your question.
I will return in just a moment.

Please send an image

How do I attach the pictures

If your message box has a blue box that says "attach file" or a paper clip icon you can use that to upload photos. If not then Click the link: for instructions on uploading images, Be sure to be signed into Google Chrome in order for this link to work, if not signed into Google Chrome, then you have to copy and paste the link in your browser.
.

If your pictures are on a phone, plug the phone into the computer, then you can upload to the site right from the phone, the phone will be treated as a removable drive.
.

Or you can send them like this: In an Email! This can take awhile depending on how busy they are at Just answer, they do forward them to me.
.
Send the picture to ,***@******.***, in the subject line put " Pictures for Glenda B in Antiques".
.
In the body of the message put , your user name and name.
.
Make sure to send these from the same address that you registered with just answer with , so they know who you are. If you send from a phone the email address on the phone you use has to match the email address you used to register on the justanswer site with.
.
Sometimes it can take over 24hrs, depending on how busy the site is. We the appraisers are not employees of the Just Answer site, we come to the site to answer questions, we do not work there. They get photos in from customers, they then send them to the correct departments ( categories, ) then they are forwarded to the appraisers. I have no control over how fast all of this happens. I will let you know as soon as they send them to me.
.
Glenda

Hello

I got some pictures of the bed thank you. I cannot tell you who made this without the patent number, with that we can look up to see who patented this. These beds were made by a couple of different companies. The Perfect Folding Bed, seems to have been made by a company in North Carolina but, no one is sure what exact company produce it.

This is your answer, please read entirely.
.

The "PERFECT FOLDING BED" "PATENT NOV 15 87" ( 1887 ) Mahogany wood, in good condition like yours, has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $***-**-****.00 if sold at an auction(a local auction ) it would sell for a little less,at around $500.00-550.00, if this were sold in a High End Antique Shop in a larger city it would sell for $950.00 and up depending on the condition. If I were selling it I would list it for $1050.00
.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Amazon Market Place, and of course Ebay. You can also sell on Charish, where you consign items. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! All sites can be sold from with pick up only option.
.
If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
Please ask any question you might have about your answer before rating this.
.
It was a pleasure working for you. I would be happy to help you with any items in the future.

When you post a new question, please feel free to add "FOR GLENDA" at the beginning of your question so as to ensure that I will be the one who answers your question for you. You can also try the 'REQUEST AN EXPERT' function OR you can add me as a 'FAVORITE' to your personal expert.
.
Glenda,
.
If you do not mind rating this answer with the 5 star rating ( how we are compensated for our work ) I would greatly appreciate it.
.
You should see the rating stars at the top of the page on the left, if you do not find them please let me know.
.
If using a phone you have to scroll back to the top of the page where you started, there is a box that says finish rating! Then a box opens with stars in it, then you click the stars.
.
If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser

Thank you for the rating, if you ever need anything else feel free asking " For Glenda "

Hope you have a great day

Glenda

I had another item I was wondering the value of do I need to make a formal request or can I ask you?

The site requires a new question, I would love to help you if you want to post a new one. Just be sure to put

" For Glenda Only" this will ensure I can help you..

Glenda