Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Not sure of its authenticity. Same signature as one that I…

Not sure of its...

Not sure of its authenticity. Same signature as one that I see on this site. BAUER . oil painting

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

Its a picture of mountains in the background and trees in the foreground and a river of water to the right of them.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

Its nicely framed in wood and pretty good shape.

2/18/2018
rusufdavi
rusufdavi, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher

Hello there

My name is ***** ***** I will try to help you in your question today. Thank you or using JustAnswer to solve your question.

Could you provide a picture of the painting?

Thanks

Thanks for the pics

You have a Framed Original Oil Painting from the California Studios of Impulse Designs. It is important to not confuse this artist with the the German artist Willi Bauer, born July 7, 1923 in the Spessart region of Germany. Willi Bauer signed all his paintings with W. Bauer, which does not match the signature present in your painting. This were produced by the California Studios of Impulse Designs, in which they normally paid a local artist to produce this kind of decorative art paintings. Typically they also apply an stamp with the name of the studio just at the back of the canvas.

Regarding the value of your item, I have just perform a market research of similar sold items as yours. I performed the research based upon the most recent finished auctions and private sells, so the value given is the real market value of your item. This is the only way to know the exact value of your unit.

The value will be in the range of 300-400$.

Please, kindly, could you rate my answer with 5 stars rating located on top of the page? I will not be paid unless you rate with 5 stars, so it is quite important to me!

Thanks

rusufdavi
Thank you so much for your research.
-Oscar d.