Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Small decorative square plate with 2 birds ( phoenix?) as on…

Small decorative square plate...

Small decorative square plate with 2 birds ( phoenix?) as mark on back, interested to know where it came from.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

Its 10 cm square with scalloped edge, colourful flower pattern around the inner outside edge, with yellow boarder also scalloped. the 2 birds are facing each other with wings up.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

There is crazing on the back and some inside the front.

Answered in 1 minute by:
2/16/2018
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019
Hello, I will be happy to help you with your question. Please add images at your convenience. ~Nora

Thank you for the image.

Please also add a clear, in-focus close-up image of the mark on the underside.

~Nora

Hi There,

I have not found a match to this for you.

I will opt-out and open your question again to all the experts at no additional charge. If someone knows the answer they will post a response to you here. You do not need to re-list your question and this does not cost you extra. There is not a guarantee that you will receive a response.

I will not be able to respond back after opting-out

I do hope you find the information that you seek.

~Nora

Its been 3 days with no replies,alos no help from Nora. Do i get a refund?
AppraiserJM
AppraiserJM, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher

Hi, my name is*****'m a certified appraiser, and I'd be happy to help.

I'm sorry there was a delay in someone picking up your question. I'm honestly not sure what happened here.

I will be researching this item right now.

Sincerely,

Jennifer

This piece is from an unknown company in the late 19th/early 20th century, made in the Staffordshire style. The mark, unfortunately, does not appear in any resource guide or database.

The value would be approximately $40.00.

Sincerely,

Jennifer

AppraiserJM