Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

My stein has a twisted (shape) handle and has printing at…

Customer Question
My stein has a...

My stein has a twisted wood (shape) handle and has printing at the lower section. BIER und FROHES lied MACHT nie LEBENSMUD.oN THE UNDERSIDE IT SAYS MADE IN Germany AND HAS THE NUMBER 1633.iS THERE ANY INFORMATION ABOUT IT ? Thank you.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

The couple on the stein are sitting. She is leaning on his shoulder . He seems to have a flat instrument on his lap and is smoking a pipe.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Antiques
2/7/2018
Antique Expert: Doris, Personal Property Appraiser replied 5 months ago
Doris
Doris, Personal Property Appraiser
Experience: Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.

Welcome! My name is***** will be pleased to help you with thoughtful responses. My responses are not instantaneous. I am reviewing your question.

Please tell me the dimensions in inches.

Photos are almost always required to give an accurate assessment. If you cannot send photos, I can still work with your descriptions; however, I can give more accurate answers if I have photos.
Can you send photos?

If so, then -

Please send photos of the stien.

Please send a photo of the marks and/or words on the stein that might indicate the maker.

You may need to use the macro function (flower icon) of your camera to get a good clear photo of the marks.

If you cannot get a good photo, then sketch the marks and take a photo of the sketch.

To send photos you may use the "ADD FILES" in the blue box link (next to "SEND" or "SUBMIT") on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.
Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best.

An explanation of this method can be found here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

Please do not try to use the site email method of sending photos without specific instructions from me.

Kind regards,
Doris