Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

My father, born in 1914 loved collecting. By the time I was…

Customer Question
My father, born in...

My father, born in 1914 loved collecting. By the time I was 10, I owned and assisted in over 15 different rare, valuable, and fun collections. Currently, I'm looking for buyers for some of these collections, either in full, or by piece. I need direction on who to go to, and how to authenticate, and get appraisals on my collections. These range from coins, U.S., and foreign, toys, decor, jewelry, cameras, fine art, and pieces I'm unsure of information.

Expert's Assistant: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

How do I get in touch with an appraiser, and authenticator?

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Antiques
2/6/2018
Antique Expert: Doris, Personal Property Appraiser replied 5 months ago
Doris
Doris, Personal Property Appraiser
Experience: Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.

Welcome! My name is***** will be pleased to help you with thoughtful responses. My responses are not instantaneous. I am reviewing your question.

Please tell me a large city within driving distance of you.