Antiques

Have Antique Repair Questions? Ask an Antique Appraiser

Antiques

I would like to know the value of my Chinese 6 panel room…

I would like to...

I would like to know the value of my Chinese 6 panel room divider. It is 77.75 inches high, 104.75 inches long, black Laquita, each reveal is surrounded in mother of pearl inlay. The top reveals are of birds and flowering branches in jade, center(last large reveveals) are garden scenes in jade with gashas, and the bottom reveals are various dragons in jade (1 dragon per panel), the reverse is hand painted flowers in gold paint.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

My sister in law purchased it at an estate sale in the early 1980’s and was told it is antique. I do have pictures.

1/22/2018
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher

My name isCustomerand I'd love to help.
Use the +Add Files feature next to the SEND button to upload photos of the item, including marks, labels or signatures.
The feature works best when you add ONE picture, put a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
I have already paid why are you asking for me to pay again?

You may have gotten a pop up form the site for a phone service, I do not partcipate in that since I am about to answer here in writing.

This is a 1950's Chinese black lacquer, jade, mother of pearl and carved soapstone

room divider. The value of this piece in good condition is $1200 to $1500.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local), Wanelo.com, http://www.decluttr.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com, eBay and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an
auction house near you and consign to them.
Please do click the stars now for this one (bonuses are also welcome!), it is very important for me
to get five-star feedback for answers.

Rarewares

I really appreciate the good feedback.
I look forward to working with you again soon.
To get me again, start a new question and put "HICustomerquot; as the first words you write.
To ask a new question, you can go to your My Questions and click on "ask me a new question"
You can also 'favorite' me, that way I should show up as your personal Expert for antiques and appraisals.

Rarewares
Rarewares