Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

We’re trying to find out about a doll. It’s an Asian doll, 9…

Hi Pearl - we’re...

Hi Pearl - we’re trying to find out about a doll.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

It’s an Asian doll, 9 1/2 inches high. It reminds me of the Door of Hope Mission dolls but the head is not wood. It’s silk over a hard surface...paper mache?

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

The face is painted silk and the dolls hair is done into a bun over a headband, and the doll is wearing tiny embroidered lotus shoes.

1/22/2018
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment. ~Nora

Please send images at your convenience.

There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

~Nora

Did the pictures come through?
200CC02D-A91F-439F-AB5D...jpeg200CC0...jpegEBD2FA76-D3BC-42B7-B362...jpegEBD2FA...jpegA07072D7-E1EE-4131-A1FA...jpegA07072...jpegF256C745-29AA-44DC-89CB...jpegF256C7...jpeg

Yes, thank you for the images. Please allow me some time to look these over for you.

~Nora

Thank you for your patience.

This is an early 20th century, antique doll that was made for export.
The doll is from China and it is a male figure with Royal Court servant clothing.

On today's market, this could sell for as high as $40 - $60.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Thanks! More than we knew before.

You are very welcome and my pleasure to be of help to you here.

In the meantime, if you could please take a moment to leave a rating for my services here by clicking the stars, I would really appreciate it.

This question thread will not close after a rating is left.

`

Thank you!

~Nora

Nora