Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

What is a 55 piece set of Harmony House Wallace Maytime

Hi, what is a...

Hi, what is a 55 piece set of Harmony House Wallace Maytime Silver Plate AA++ in its original case worth

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

Hi, what is a 55 piece set of Harmony House Wallace Maytime Silver Plate AA++ in the original case worth?

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

The case has some wear on it and the silverware is slightly tarnished

1/21/2018
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment. ~Nora

Thank you for your patience.

On today's market, your vintage 1940's 55 piece Harmony House Wallace Maytime pattern plated flatware set can sell for $60 - $100.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Ok thank you. I did see one on eBay for $159 but it was only 53 pieces

You are very welcome.

The estimate is based on actual past recorded auction sales.

The set you came across on Ebay is an asking price. Bear in mind that an ‘asking price’ is one that has not been sold yet and a true sale value is based on actual past documented sale records.

~Nora

Nora

Thanks for the positive rating! Much Appreciated.

I would be happy to help you with any items in the future.

When you post a new question, please feel free to add "For Nora" at the beginning of your question so as to ensure that I will be the one who answers your question for you.

Sincerely,

Nora

Your welcome. I will request you on any future appraisals. By the way do you just appraise antiques? Or do you also appraise collectibles?

I handle antique, collectibles and contemporary objects as well as fine art, prints and books from the Renaissance through Contemporary.

~Nora

Ok good to know. I'll be in touch in the future. Thank you!

You are welcome!