Antiques

Have Antique Repair Questions? Ask an Antique Appraiser

Antiques

I have a quadruple plated 4 footed round compote with handle…

I have a quadruple...

I have a quadruple plated 4 footed round compote with handle on bottom is etched 1204. I has a hummingbird with flowers etc etched in bottom. This was handed down to me from my Norwegian grandmother - I am in my 80's - so assume it might be 100 yrs old. Can you help me with info and maybe what it would go for now

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

Also has variety of flowers and leaves (?) etched around outside of compote and handle

1/21/2018
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher

My name is ***** ***** I'd love to help.
Use the +Add Files feature next to the SEND button to upload photos of the item, including marks, labels or signatures.
The feature works best when you add ONE picture, put a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I do not have anything to take a picture with to uploand a photo

I can also answer without photos.

This is a circa 1886 Pairpoint Mfg quadruple plated (not sterling silver) bride's basket in

pattern 1204. The value of this piece is $125 retail if there is not a lot of silver plate loss.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local), Wanelo.com, http://www.decluttr.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com, eBay and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an
auction house near you and consign to them.
Please do click the stars now for this one (bonuses are also welcome!), it is very important for me
to get five-star feedback for answers.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I do not want to talk to anyone for an additional charge

That was an automated pop up from the site and not from me directly.

I have already answered in writng so now all you have to do is click the five stars to close.

Rarewares
Rarewares
Rarewares