Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a vanity dresser with a tri fold mirror and two draws…

I have a vanity dresser...
I have a vanity dresser with a tri fold mirror and two draws on each side with two draws on top of that. There is marble on each side and the four drawers on top have words on them that say SCILL: AE R... NICOTIANA....SANG:DRACONIS and the last draw says STROPHANTES. What do you think it's worth?
1/21/2018
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser

My name is Glenda,
I am reviewing your question.
I will return in just a moment.

Do you have pictures you can send?

If your message box has a blue box that says "attach file" or a paper clip icon you can use that to upload photos. If not then Click the link: for instructions on uploading images, Be sure to be signed into Google Chrome in order for this link to work, if not signed into Google Chrome, then you have to copy and paste the link in your browser.
.
ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl
.

If your pictures are on a phone, plug the phone into the computer, then you can upload to the site right from the phone, the phone will be treated as a removable drive.
.

Or you can send them like this: In an Email! This can take awhile depending on how busy they are at Just answer, they do forward them to me.
.
Send the picture to ,***@******.***, in the subject line put " Pictures for Glenda B in Antiques".
.
In the body of the message put , your user name and name.
.
Make sure to send these from the same address that you registered with just answer with , so they know who you are. If you send from a phone the email address on the phone you use has to match the email address you used to register on the justanswer site with.
.
Sometimes it can take over 24hrs, depending on how busy the site is. We the appraisers are not employees of the Just Answer site, we come to the site to answer questions, we do not work there. They get photos in from customers, they then send them to the correct departments ( categories, ) then they are forwarded to the appraisers. I have no control over how fast all of this happens. I will let you know as soon as they send them to me.
.
Glenda

Thank you

I will see if I can find information on the name, I know I can get the value, this style of Vanity is in my furniture books.

Thank You
How long will I have to wait for an answer??? I was under the impression this was an immediate response.

I am sorry it does take a few minutes to look up items, in order to do the proper research. I did respond to you as soon as you asked the question. I am searching to find who made the Vanity and get a value, I found that and I am currently typing your answer

This is your answer, please read entirely.
.

The Vanity was produced by Pulaski Furniture Company: Scill AE:R Nicotiana 1920's the Nicotina refers to color of the stain The Sang Draconis refers to ***** Fr. Drachenblut, G. Sangre de drago, Sp.Dragon's blood, of which there are several commercial varieties, is a resinous exudation obtained from the fruits of a number of palms. Dragon's blood of both Dracaena draco (commonly referred to as the Draconis Palm) and Dracaena cinnabari were used as a source of varnish for 18th century Italian violinmakers. The labels are referring to the types and methods of stains the company used.

.

The Vanity has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $1***-**-****.00, if sold at an auction(a local auction ) it would sell for a little less. If this were sold in a High End Antique Shop in a larger city it would sell for $1350.00 and up depending on the condition. If I were selling it I would list it for $1350.00
.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is Offerup.com, Varagesale.com, Wanelo.com, www.decluttr.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com and letgo.com.
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.
There is also Amazon Market Place, and of course Ebay. You can also sell on Charish, where you consign items. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! All sites can be sold from with pick up only option.
.
If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
Please ask any question you might have about your answer before rating this.
.
It was a pleasure working for you. If you have more items you need values for. Just send to "Glenda Only" I would be happy to help.
.
Glenda,
.
If you do not mind rating this answer with the 5 star rating ( how we are compensated for our work ) I would greatly appreciate it.
.
You should see the rating stars at the top of the page on the left, if you do not find them please let me know.
.
If using a phone you have to scroll back to the top of the page where you started, there is a box that says finish rating! Then a box opens with stars in it, then you click the stars.
.
If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

Thank You. I didn't realize that there was research involved. I apologize

Hi no problem at all. I just wanted to try to find what the writing on the piece was for you. This lead me to who made the Vanity, and a date it was made.

.

If you did not see the answer here it is again

.

.

.
.
.
.
.
.
Glenda,
.
.
.
.

Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser