Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Have an oriental vase and have not ever seen one like it and…

Have an oriental vase...

Have an oriental vase and have not ever seen one like it and cant find anything similar

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

Has raised dragon with hawk like feet, has a marking on bottom but cant find that either, looks as if hand painted, its really old type porcelain

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

Its green shaded vase with white painted dragon I have photos

1/21/2018
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name is ***** ***** I'd love to help.
Use the +Add Files feature next to the SEND button to upload photos of the item, including marks, labels or signatures.
The feature works best when you add ONE picture, put a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

I am reviewing your pictures.
I will return in just a moment, I am writing the answer now.

pics

This is a circa 1910 to 1930 Japanese earthenware pottery dragonware moriage pottery vase that is one of a pair. The mark on the bottom indicates this was the 'right' side vase. Moriage is the pottery technique of applying a glaze that gives the end result of the look of cake icing. This vase has a value of $45 to $65 retail.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local), Wanelo.com, http://www.decluttr.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com, eBay and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an
auction house near you and consign to them.
Please do click the stars now for this one (bonuses are also welcome!), it is very important for me
to get five-star feedback for answers.

Rarewares