Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

QUESTION FOR RAREWARES ONLY**** Lucky Strike roll cut

QUESTION FORCustomerONLY**** Lucky Strike roll cut...
QUESTION FORCustomerONLY****
Lucky Strike roll cut tobacco tin. Unopened.I don't know if this is worth more or less because it's sealed or if there is no difference.The back tarnished in small portion.4.5" tall, 3" wide, 1" deep.The revenue stamp is in nearly brand new condition; it is easily read and still firmly attacked in its entirety.
Lucky.Strike.Tin.01.jpgLucky.S...jpgLucky.Strike.Tin.05.jpgLucky.S...jpgLucky.Strike.Tin.05.jpgLucky.S...jpgLucky.Strike.Tin.06.jpgLucky.S...jpgLucky.Strike.Tin.07.jpgLucky.S...jpgLucky.Strike.Tin.04.jpgLucky.S...jpg
1/21/2018
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

This is a Lucky Strike Roll Cut Tobacco Tin, vertical tobacco pocket tin, tin lithograph, in the It’s Toasted variation, sealed with 1910 tax stamp. Crisp, bright, good overall condition, I'd give it an 8 out of 10 for condition.

This has a value of $70 to $85 retail. As a comparison, those in 7 to 8 condition that are empty with no tax stamp sell for between $35 to $55.
To end this one, please click the stars in the upper right and hit submit.

Rarewares
Would that be the same, generally speaking, for all tins? That they'd be worth more if they had a very good stamps would be more than those without?

It is not so much the stamp but the fact that this seal has never been broken and it is still has contents (if I read your description right).

I have seen these tins, good condition, with partial 1910 tax stamps, empty, sell for $45 to $75 as another comparison.

Thank you.

A snowy "You are welcome!"