Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have an oil painting on canvase that was brought back as a…

Customer Question
I have an oil...

I have an oil painting on canvase that was brought back as a war trophy at the end of WW2. how do I find out it's value?

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

It'sa mountain scene with a whit house along a river. The name on the painting is M Ryke, or something to that effect.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

There is a red dot on the house, but I don't think that was part of the original painting.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Antiques
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/20/2018
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 7 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. Please add images at your convenience by using the +Add File feature next to the SEND button.

I will need to see to see pictures of the painting,
signature and any labels on the back of the completed framing. The back of a painting tells us just as much as the front sometimes.

Give me time to do some research after you add pictures.
No need to sit by the computer, you will get an email when I do respond.

Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 6 months ago

I am following up to see if you will be able to add pictures of this painting?