Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have an entire set of Syracuse China, Made in America,

I have an entire...

I have an entire set of Syracuse China, Made in America, Evening Star pattern. Is there any value other then sentimental to this china set.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

My husband's parents were married in the early 1940's and so it was purchased between the 1940's and 1960s. That is pretty much it.

1/20/2018
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment. ~Nora

Thank you for your patience.

In general, the fine china for dining market is slumped. Sets do not sell for what they used to a few decades ago and the market was further impacted by the Recession.

With that said, your set has the quintessential Eames - Atomic era design which is a hallmark of Mid Century Modern style. 'Mid Century Mod' style is very popular for current home decor.

Evening Star was produced by Syracuse china from 1955 - 1967.

On today's market, your set could sell for $600 - $700 at auction.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Nora
Thank you for your information. That is what I needed to know.

You are very welcome and thank you for the positive rating! Much Appreciated.

I would be happy to help you with any items in the future.

When you post a new question, please feel free to add "For Nora" at the beginning of your question so as to ensure that I will be the one who answers your question for you.

Sincerely,

Nora