Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have some paintings by Haggarty dated 1898. I am not sure…

Customer Question
I have some paintings...

I have some paintings by Mary Haggarty dated 1898. I am not sure of the medium. They are a tan canvas with a black ink type painting. They are very detailed with different subjects and very good.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

I could send pictures from my phone if there is an e-mail or cell phone number I could send the pictures to.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

Very good condition and extremely talented painter.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Antiques
1/20/2018
Antique Expert: Doris, Personal Property Appraiser replied 7 months ago
Doris
Doris, Personal Property Appraiser
Experience: Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.

Welcome! My name is***** will be pleased to help you. Thoughtful responses take time. I am studying your question and will return shortly.

What size is your piece (in inches) not including the frame and mat? Please do not remove from the frame.

Photos are almost always required to give an accurate assessment.
If you cannot send photos, I can still work with your descriptions; however, I can give more accurate answers if I have photos.
Can you send photos?

If so, then -

Please send photos of the front and back of your framed piece.

Please send a photo of the signature.

You may need to use the macro function (flower icon) of your camera to get a good clear photo of the signature.

To send photos you may use the "ADD FILES" in the blue box link (next to "SEND" or "SUBMIT") on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.
Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best.

An explanation of this method can be found here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

Please do not try to use the site email method of sending photos without specific instructions from me.

Kind regards,
Doris

They are about 16 x 20 inches and I have 6 I think. Could I postpone this until tomorrow afternoon or Monday morning so I could get them out of storage etc.
Can I continue this tomorrow afternoon. I need to get the paintings out of storage and I could send pictures etc.

Of course.

But please limit the number of pieces you want assessed to three in this one single question.