Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Where can I sell simple silver earrings/jewelry online?

(Like the ones in the...
Where can I sell simple silver earrings/jewelry online? (Like the ones in the pic attached)
1/20/2018
Doris
Doris, Personal Property Appraiser
Experience: Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.

Hi there!

These are the sites I recommend:

Online auctions like eBay generally bring wholesale selling prices.

If you would like to sell close to estimated retail, some ideas are:

The internet has your largest audience of buyers. Place small ads on these sites or set up your own small store on these sites.

Be sure to specify local pick up only for large items. That way the buyer would be responsible for obtaining his own insurance and transport.

These sites carry antique as well as vintage items.
Accept PayPal only.

Etsy.com - small fees-20 cents to list plus 3.5% final price.
Artfire.com

These sites are excellent and more upscale but fees are higher. I only recommend them if you have several items to sell.

Rubylane.com
Tias.com
cyberattic.com
trocadero.com
https://www.justcollecting.com

Or your nearest CraigsList.com where you can list items for free. Accept cash only.

Ultimately, to obtain retail values we assume the piece or set is in good condition and that the final value depends on sale geographic location.

In general, a private seller to a dealer, via consignment or at auction can expect 30-50% of estimated retail value.

Insurance replacement values are usually about 20% more than retail values.

I hope I have helped you.

If I can help you with further questions about this answer, please let me know before you rate me.

I endeavor to give realistic, honest answers in a timely manner.

Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty.

Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system.

To complete this transaction, please click the five stars at the top right of your screen and hit the submit button. Or if you see "review expert" or "rate expert", you can click on that.

If you using a mobile phone: scroll to the top of the page then click on Finish Rating, then click on the stars! This allows me to be credited by JA for my Knowledge, Time and Effort.

Rating me does not cost you anything extra.

Bonuses are not required but are always appreciated.

Kind regards.

Doris

If you would like to use me on any future questions, requesting me expires in a short time. If you type "For Doris Only" as the first of three words of the question, I should be able to help you.

I have enabled the rating feature now.

Doris
Doris, Personal Property Appraiser
If I wanted someone to sell them for me, would one of these sites be better than another?

I like the sites Etsy.com and RubyLane.com for jewelry. Etsy is really easy. I am not sure what the requirements are to be able to sell on RubyLane.com but the jewelry sells well there. If you cannot become a dealer there, then I am fairly sure they take classified ads.

Thank you so much for the positive!

Sorry for the confusion — my question is “if I want someone ELSE to sell them for me, and I just drop the jewelry off, which site does that?”

None of the sites have that specific service.

I do know that if you contact a few of the dealers on RubyLane.com, one or more will put your pieces on their site store on consignment.

That's the best option I know.

Still, it is so very easy to work with Etsy.com yourself. If you can work here with me, you can do Etsy. Be sure to use PayPal.com as your payment method if you choose to use this method.

Kind regards,

Doris

Thanks Doris!

You are welcome.

**********************
Thank you so much for the positive rating! If you have questions in the future, please request me by typing “For Doris only” as the first three words of the question. I should be the one to take your question.
Thank you again.
**********************