Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a print titled "The Scouts" by M which is 272/1000..

Customer Question
I have a print...

I have a print titled "The Scouts" by Charles M Russell which is 272/1000. . There is a letter dated Sept 12,1978 stating this is an authentic print. What is it worth .

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

I have a Charles my Russell print titled The Scouts . The print is 272 of 1000. There is also a letter of authenticity for the print. What is it worth ? It is not framed. Thank you

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

The print is not framed. It is in excellent condition. The letter is dated Sept 12, 1978 . Ithe is from FG Renner Paradise Valley, AZ 85253. It states this is an unmistakable original work by Charles M. Russell. More avail if you wish.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Antiques
1/20/2018
Antique Expert: Doris, Personal Property Appraiser replied 7 months ago
Doris
Doris, Personal Property Appraiser
Experience: Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.

Welcome! My name is***** will be pleased to help you. Thoughtful responses take time. I am studying your question and will return shortly.

What size is your piece (in inches)?

It is 13 3/4 by 20 1/2
I can send a pic of the print ?

Yes.

Photos are almost always required to give an accurate assessment.
If you cannot send photos, I can still work with your descriptions; however, I can give more accurate answers if I have photos.
Can you send photos?

If so, then -

Please send photos of the front and back of your piece.

Please send a photo of the signature.

You may need to use the macro function (flower icon) of your camera to get a good clear photo of the signature.

To send photos you may use the "ADD FILES" in the blue box link (next to "SEND" or "SUBMIT") on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.
Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best.

An explanation of this method can be found here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

Please do not try to use the site email method of sending photos without specific instructions from me.

Kind regards,
Doris

Sending pics

There is no hurry at this end.