Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have 9 place settings of Ivory Bavaria china, including…

I have 9...

I have 9 place settings of Thomas Ivory Bavaria china, including serving pieces in excellent condition and would like to know it’s value

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

The pattern is Sylvia and some of the pieces have different letters at the bottom of the Thomas Ivory ensignia

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

Not that I know of

1/19/2018
AppraiserJM
AppraiserJM, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher

Hi, my name is Jennifer. I'm a certified appraiser and I'd be happy to help.

How many pieces in each place setting?

5 pieces and cups and saucers
Hello?
Seriously!! How about you just give me back my $5...what a rip off!!
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser

Hello

My name is***** can value this for you, give me just a moment to look it up in my china book,

Ok.....
No phone call

Ok, no problem that is an upsell offer by the site

This is your answer, please read entirely.
.
The Sylvia Pattern by THOMAS China, Bavaria Germany service for 9 with extras has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $800.00-950.00 if sold at an auction(a local auction ) it would sell for a little less,at around $500.00-525.00, if this were sold in a High End Antique Shop in a larger city it would sell for $950.00 and up depending on the condition. If I were selling it I would list it for $950.00

.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is Offerup.com, Varagesale.com, Wanelo.com, www.decluttr.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com and letgo.com.
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.
There is also Amazon Market Place, and of course Ebay. You can also sell on Charish, where you consign items. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! All sites can be sold from with pick up only option.
.
If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
Please ask any question you might have about your answer before rating this.
.
It was a pleasure working for you. If you have more items you need values for. Just send to "Glenda Only" I would be happy to help.
.
Glenda,
.
If you do not mind rating this answer with the 5 star rating ( how we are compensated for our work ) I would greatly appreciate it.
.
You should see the rating stars at the top of the page on the left, if you do not find them please let me know.
.
If using a phone you have to scroll back to the top of the page where you started, there is a box that says finish rating! Then a box opens with stars in it, then you click the stars.
.
If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

Thank you

You are very welcome if you do not mind rating this I would appreciate it, just click the 5 stars at the top of the page, this is how we are compensated by the site for working. Thanks for taking the time to do that.

If you need anything else feel free asking " For Glenda "

Glenda

Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser