Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a collection of Haviland Muscadin China that I would…

I have a collection...

I have a collection of Haviland Muscadin China that I would like to have appraised

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

I have a collection of Haviland Muscadin China. It is no longer available and I'd like to find out the value

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

It's never been used. I have many serving pieces as well.

1/19/2018
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment. ~Nora

Please send images at your convenience.

There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

~Nora

Are you an expert China appraiser?
I should not be charged for anything cause I have no answers. This is a scam.

Yes, I am quite familiar with the pattern. I do not require an image of the entire set, however an idea of approximately how many pieces you have that comprise the entire set will be helpful. Just one number for the entire set.

~Nora

Nora
Phone call session started

Based on recent past recorded actual auction sales (not asking prices) plates in the Haviland Muscadin pattern sell for approximately $8 each on the current market. Serving pieces sell for up to $30 per piece. Teapots sell for up to $50 and a lidded tureen for up to $350.

Replacements.com has high retail 'asking prices', which means they have not sold. They are significantly higher than what the pieces sell for on the auction market.

Here is the link for you that shows their retail prices:

https://www.replacements.com/search/?query=haviland+muscadin

If you were to sell to them direct, they will offer 15% - 20% of their retail asking price and you pay the shipping to them as well.

If you were to sell on your own, expect to garner up to 40% of their asking prices.

Please note that experts here are not employees of justanswer.com, experts are verified users who do not handle charges, fees, credit cards, memberships or subscriptions in any way or form. For such queries, use this link for assistance:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

~Nora