Antiques

Have Antique Repair Questions? Ask an Antique Appraiser

Antiques

I have a old paper 10 $ bill that says at the bottom Ten…

I have a old...

I have a old paper 10 $ bill that says at the bottom Ten Dollars in Gold Coin

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

It has a picture of ***** *****egas and has a date of 1922 all the # are in yellow Washington DC on it as well , this was my Grandmother and Grandfathers I found this when my parents passed away in my mothers drawer with some other old coins and a paper Silver Certificate that says silver dollar

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

The silver certificate has pictures of Abe Lincoln and Grant

Answered in 1 minute by:
1/18/2018
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser

My name is Glenda,
I am reviewing your question.
I will return in just a moment.

Hi
This is your answer, please read entirely.
.
The 1922 $10 U.S. Gold Certificate - Hillegas Note has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $450.00-500.00 Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is Offerup.com, Varagesale.com, Wanelo.com, www.decluttr.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com and letgo.com.
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.
There is also Amazon Market Place, and of course Ebay. You can also sell on Charish, where you consign items. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! All sites can be sold from with pick up only option.
.
If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
Please ask any question you might have about your answer before rating this.
.
It was a pleasure working for you. If you have more items you need values for. Just send to "Glenda Only" I would be happy to help.
.
Glenda,
.
If you do not mind rating this answer with the 5 star rating ( how we are compensated for our work ) I would greatly appreciate it.
.
You should see the rating stars at the top of the page on the left, if you do not find them please let me know.
.
If using a phone you have to scroll back to the top of the page where you started, there is a box that says finish rating! Then a box opens with stars in it, then you click the stars.
.
If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok thank you

You are welcome, please take a moment and rate this question, it is the only way we are paid for our time working on the site, I would greatly appreciate it. You just click the 5 stars at the top of the page.

If you ever need anything else please ask " For Glenda "

I hope you have a great day

Glenda

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I just wanted to know if these are valuable and rare

Yes they are. I gave what they are selling for

.

.
Glenda,
.
.
.
.

Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser

Hello

I just realized you also asked about the Silver Certificate with Abe Lincoln and Grant on it, this has a value of

$200.00-275.00. I am so sorry I missed this.

I realize this might have contributed to you giving me a 3 star rating instead of a 5 star, I am so sorry I missed this in your original question, I hope me correcting this will help you see to upping my rating.

If you ever need anything else please feel free asking for " Glenda "

Glenda B.
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser