Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I own a sketch of a pretty lady with hat in a wash with the…

Customer Question
I own a sketch...

I own a sketch of a pretty lady with hat in a gray wash with the signature

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

Yes, continuing my description of the signature, it's in red ink"E.M." I think it might be an original Eduard Manet. the paper in like a graph paper with faded lines. It measures 7"x 4.5" and is handsomely framed in a 18"x24" gold and black frame.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

Yes, the initials are made on an angle to the right and below the painting. The subject is turning her head over her shoulder. She may be Berth Morisot.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Antiques
1/18/2018
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 7 months ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment. ~Nora

Please send images at your convenience.

There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

~Nora

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
The initials of the artist are "E.M."

I would be happy to help by phone, if you would like to send the call request.

~Nora

I will send picture to your link, but DO NOT want to live talk on my phone at this point. Please just send my your findings to my email account.

That is fine, the phone call is your choice.

I can assess the value for you when I see images. Please post them at your convenience.

~Nora

Thanks Nora

You are welcome

You can try emailing your images to *****@******.*** and write “For Nora/Antiques” in the subject line of the email.

Photos sent by email do not arrive to me directly nor instantly, they get forwarded to me by admin.

~Nora