Antiques

Have Antique Repair Questions? Ask an Antique Appraiser

Antiques

I am looking for information on a 2200 plus hallmarked

Customer Question
I am looking for...

I am looking for information on a 2200 plus hallmarked filled sterling silver teddy bear (7 inches tall) and I can't read the silver stamps (can read the 925) also i can see a 13/100 hand written (as if it was only 13 of 100 in the edition) also labeled with country artist

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

The silver teddy bear has a gold looking chain with a monocle , and he is wearing a vest with gold looking buttons ... black glass eyes

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Antiques
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
2200 grams total weight
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Had it since about 1999 when my mom bought it in england
1/18/2018
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 1 month ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019
Hi, I will be happy to help you with your question. Please add some additional clear, in-focus, close up images of the hallmarks. ~Nora
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I haven't gotten any information about the piece yet ... are we still looking this up?

Thank you for the images. My apologies for the delay, I was away from the office.

If you could please send a clear, in-focus, extreme close-up of the cross-shaped mark, that will be helpful. When I zoom the photo it becomes pixelated.

~Nora

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It is the best image we can get ... I see CA 925 and an Anchor ... nothing in the Plus symbol

There are actually 5 faint letters in the cross symbol that I can see in the image, but when I zoom it pixelates the image.

Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur