Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have an almost complete 12 place setting of Noritake china…

I have an almost...

I have an almost complete 12 place setting of Noritake china pattern 5486 and would like to sell it ifpossible

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

I purchased this set in Japan while om R&R from Korea and had it sent back to the states.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

Thats about it have a complete set of 8 place settings plus all serving dishes. the dishes that are gone are plates anda few other pieces

1/18/2018
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name is ***** ***** I'd love to help.
Use the +Add Files feature next to the SEND button to upload photos of the item, including marks, labels or signatures.
The feature works best when you add ONE picture, put a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

just tell me what you think the china is likely to sell fo

You mentioned a service for 12 then a service for 8, so I'll price an average per piece and you can multiply by how many pieces you have of each item.

The Noritake pattern 5486 was first introduced in the 1950s and discontinued later that year, so pieces will be getting much harder to find.

Based on dinnerware price lists and recorded sales, here's the current secondary market value of the pieces in your pattern.

Dinner Plate - $20 each

Salad Plate - $10 to $14 each

Bread/Butter - $7 each

custard Bowls - $7 each

soup Bowls - $10 each

cup/saucers - $18 to $22 each set

Platter - $40 to $60

Covered Veg bowl - $65 to $90

Small Veg. bowl - $35 to $55

gravy boat - $30 to $35

sugar - $25 to $30

creamer - $15 to $20

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local), Wanelo.com, http://www.decluttr.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com, eBay and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an
auction house near you and consign to them.
Please do click the stars now for this one (bonuses are also welcome!), it is very important for me
to get five-star feedback for answers.

Rarewares
thank you for the information. willcheck the listed sites and see what happens