Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

FOR THE VALUE OF A VINTAGE TABLE LAMP WHICH HAS CERAMIC OR…

Customer Question
I AM SEARCHING FOR...

I AM SEARCHING FOR THE VALUE OF A VINTAGE TABLE LAMP WHICH HAS CERAMIC OR PORCELAIN FIGURES AT THE BASE. IT IS MARKED INSIDE F/313 MADE IN ITALY

Expert's Assistant: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

THIS LAMP IS APPROXIMATELY 30" TALL. I BELIEVE THE BASE IS BRASS AND IT MEASURES 10" X 13" ABOVE THE BASE ARE 3 CERAMIC OR PORCELAIN FIGURINES. AT THE TOP OF THE LAMP ARE 3 LAMP FIXTURES..

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

IN THE CENTER OF THE LAMP IS A BRASS POLE WHICH CONTAINS THE ELECTRIC WIRE. THE POLE IS 24" TALL.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Antiques
1/17/2018
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 7 months ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment. ~Nora

Please send images at your convenience.

There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

~Nora

I DO NOT SEE A PAPERCLIP ICON OR AN +ADD FILE
JUST EXPLAIN HOW I CAN SEND YOU THE PHOTO.
I AM STILL WAITING FOR A RESPONSE.
Antique Expert: Doris, Personal Property Appraiser replied 7 months ago
Doris
Doris, Personal Property Appraiser
Experience: Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.

I noticed you requested another appraiser.
I have been an antiques and art collector as well as dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you. Please know I do not send pop-up offers.
Although I am USPAP-trained, the assessments given here do not meet USPAP requirements.

Thoughtful responses take time. My responses are not instantaneous.

Please send your photos the email method.

This is the official explanation of how to send photos via email:

Please follow the directions exactly or they will not get to me.

Send the picture to ***@******.*** with the following EXACT information.

In the subject line put " Pictures for˜Doris in Antiques or Appraisals."
.
In the body of the message put, your site user name and real name.
.
Make sure to send these from the same email address that you registered with

Just Answer, so they can verify who you are.

This method takes longer because the photos are sent to the Just Answer techs who must forward them to me. It sometimes takes as long as 24 hours or more.
.
They will forward them to me and as soon as I get them I will contact you.

Kind regards,

Doris