Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I HAVE A SMALL WOOL DISNEY RUG 36X21 INCHES DEPICTING SNOW…

Customer Question
I HAVE A SMALL...

I HAVE A SMALL WOOL DISNEY RUG 36X21 INCHES DEPICTING SNOW WHITE AND THE SEVEN DWARFS FROM AROUND 1939/40...WHENEVER THE MOVIE FIRST CAME OUT...FROM MY CHILDHOOD. I WAS GOING TO GIVE IT TO MY GREAT GRANDCHILDREN AND DECIDED BEFORE I LET THEM DESTROY IT, I WOULD SEE IF IT WAS WORTH ANYTHING. IT IS IN VERY GOOD SHAPE, BUT HAS A FEW SMALL STAINS (AFTER CLEANING).

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Antiques
1/17/2018
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 7 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name isCustomerand I'd love to help.
Use the +Add Files feature next to the SEND button to upload photos of the item, including marks, labels or signatures.
The feature works best when you add ONE picture, put a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

This is an Italian Snow White tapestry rug titled Forest Opening in a velveteen nap and wool fringe trim

produced from 1938 to 1940, in poor condition worth $65, good condition worth $165 and excellent condition worth

$350 according to current price guides. This one looks to in between poor and good which would put it at about $100 retail.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local), Wanelo.com, http://www.decluttr.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com, eBay and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an
auction house near you and consign to them.
Please do click the stars now for this one (bonuses are also welcome!), it is very important for me
to get five-star feedback for answers.

I am following up to see if you are happy with your answer.
Please do let me know by clicking the five stars.