Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I would like to know more about this antique toy car. It has…

Customer Question
Hello, I would like to...
Hello, I would like to know more about this antique toy car. It has no markings except for some initials on the license plate. There is actual rubber on the wheels. Thank you, Cathy
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Antiques
20180116_183950.jpg2018011...jpg20180116_183958.jpg2018011...jpg20180116_184013.jpg2018011...jpg20180116_184033.jpg2018011...jpg20180116_184045.jpg2018011...jpg20180116_184119.jpg2018011...jpg
1/17/2018
Antique Expert: LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser replied 7 months ago
LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser

Hi my name is***** am a certified appraiser and would be happy to help you. Please allow me to look over the photos and post back when completed. Thank you I look forward to helping you.

Hi, ate you still working on my question about the car?
Hello yes I am I have had internet trouble due to the storm. I now am able to work online and will be having this completed for you today. I shall be posting on this shortly my complete appraisal thank you for your patience and I apologize for this delay.

Thank you for your patience this is a great toy. It was a car produced in 1910-1920 and was at the beginning of the tethered race car. I ave gone through all the data bases to find the manufacturers during this time and have not been able to find the one with AJA. It does not appear to be a tethered racer as the photos show all angles needed and there are no clips to tether this car. The rubber on the wheels are original. It is in excellent condition for being the age and having been played with and loved. The value on this piece in todays market is 800-900.00 if you are looking to sell the car. For insurance purposes the value is 1200.00 if you were to insure the car on your home insurance. The metal is aluminum and the design is like the tether racer cars. The narrow back made for faster speeds.

If I may be of further help please let me know. I appreciate your help on the excellent photos.

Thank you but it's not a tether car. I would like to know who made it and where it was made please.
Thank you,
Cathy
I did find another base and have contacted them I am looking for the company. I am curious am curious as to the company also. Yes I stated it is not a tether car this was made before tether cars. I am hoping to have this completed today with the company and location. I appreciate your reply and look forward to finding the company for you.
Ok thank you very much.
Cathy
You are very welcome. I am thorough in research and this is an interesting car. I appreciate your patience.
Are you still working on my appraisal of the old toy car?
Antique Expert: LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser replied 6 months ago

Hello, yes I am still researching this toy. I hope to have this completed by tomorrow for you. thank you for your patience this is a hard company to find on whom produced this one.