Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Here is another piece. This is a small print ?? that I

Good evening..... here is another...
Good evening..... here is another piece. This is a small print ?? that I purchased in Wales in the 80's. There is a number on the top right corner, PL. 49
On the back, the original owner wrote:
Le Bichon
Meunier del
Litho ce C. Molte
Early 19th Century (circa 1840)
Looking at this closely, I think it may be hand tinted ????
What is the value of this picture..........its very sweet. Attached photo actual pic is about 4 x 4
1/17/2018
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment. ~Nora

Thank you for your patience.

This looks just like my doggie, which is half Bichon Frise.

This is a print from a book page from the 1840's.

There is hand tinting, yes, on the print.

Framed, 4"x4", in size, because it is a dog subject, could sell for $35 - $45.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Nora
Awwwwwe........you have a cute dog.
Question, Is this a lithograph ?
The print is charming. I purchased this in Wales in the late 80's. I have a lot of dog art. Most likely you will see quite a few pieces. I haven't gotten to the really good stuff yet. Thank you !!

Thank you for the positive rating!

She's the cutest - at least to me she is! :)

This is actually an etched print, which is more labor intensive than a lithograph print.

I will definitely look forward to more requests from you.

Feel free to request me anytime.

Sincerely,

Nora