Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

How are you? I happen to have some sheet music in "mint"

Customer Question
HI! How are you...

HI! How are you? I happen to have some sheet music in "mint" condition dated back to 1911. Would it be worth anything more than sentimental value?

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

The music has been wrapped in plastic wrap and some was also placed in a zip lock type of bag.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

No mam, other than there are no tears and most of it is not even yellow.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Antiques
1/16/2018
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 6 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

Sheet music from 1911 has a value of $4 to $11 for each

piece/booklet depending on the score. These fall under the category of ephemera, collectible paper goods,

and folds, tears, personal writing, discoloration are all considered when looking at condition.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local), Wanelo.com, http://www.decluttr.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com, eBay and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an
auction house near you and consign to them.
Please do click the stars now for this one (bonuses are also welcome!), it is very important for me
to get five-star feedback for answers.