Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Trying to identify an old tea set my Grandmother gave me.

Trying to identify an...

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

Only that it is stamped “made in Japan “ blue tea pot with black spout and handle and a rust colored ring on top half of pot with a colorful bird black vines with white grapes I think

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

I’ve had it for 40 years it was an old set when I got it from my grandmother

1/16/2018
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name is ***** ***** I'd love to help.
Use the +Add Files feature next to the SEND button to upload photos of the item, including marks, labels or signatures.
The feature works best when you add ONE picture, put a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

This is a Japanese lustre ware tea set made in the 1920 to 1930 time period

hand painted with birds and having lustre ware inner cups bowls. Lustre ware

was popular in the art deco period and was glazed in colors of orange, blue, yellow

then hand painted with various designs. The exact maker would be unknown as these were

produced by many different makers during this time period and few marked their pieces.

This service for five plus dessert plates, teapot, sugar and creamer has a value of $200 retail.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local), Wanelo.com, http://www.decluttr.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com, eBay and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an
auction house near you and consign to them.
Please do click the stars now for this one (bonuses are also welcome!), it is very important for me
to get five-star feedback for answers.

Awesome!! Such helpful information!!
Can you look at one more item?

To end this one, please click the stars in the upper right and hit submit.
A good feedback is the only way I am paid by the site.
This action does not cost you anything extra.

For another item, start a new question and put For Rarewares Only in the first few words.

Rarewares
Ok will do!!