Antiques

Have Antique Repair Questions? Ask an Antique Appraiser

Antiques

I have 4 statuettes purchased in the 70s they are signed and…

Customer Question
I have 4 statuettes...

I have 4 statuettes purchased in the 70s they are signed and i believe that they are Spanish, the stamp is a little hard to read but i think 3are A Saulina 1 is G Quuauy. I want to sell them and wonder what they are worth. They are in perfect condition

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

I dont think so I know what they cost in the 70s they were about 650 dollars each.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Antiques
1/16/2018
Antique Expert: LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser replied 1 month ago
LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser

Hi my name is ***** ***** am a certified appraiser and would be happy to help you. Please post a few photos of the statues for review. To post here click on the paperclip , file upload or the add files button and follow the prompts. You may also email them to***@******.*** and in the subject please put "forCustomerquot; the company will then forward them on to me for review. Thank you look forward to helping you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am not any use with the posting of photos. I am 74 and not up to scratch with what you hyave asked me to do.
I will ask my daughter to email them to you if possible tomorrow. Thank you.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I would prefer to get my daughter to send photos by email because the statuettes are with her and very hard for me to describe them over the phone Thanks.

Hello that would be great she may email them to ***@******.*** and in the email please have her put "ladytanya65" I will watch for the photos. The company will forward them on to me once they receive the photos.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am still waiting for an evaluation from laddytanya65 for the statuettes photos sent to her yesterday, Thank you.
Hi thank you I have received the photos of these and am reviewing them now please allow me to post back this afternoon upon completion. Thank you so much for your help. I do appreciate the photos.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am still waiting for your evaluation of my statuettes photos Thank you
I am currently finishing this up right now will post on all of them as soon as completed Thank you for your patience Tanya
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Good Morning, (Australian Time) I am still anxious to receive your opinion on my 4 Statuettes,
I would have called you but I presume you are in the U.S.A.. and I don't know how many hours your location is behind my time, I would not want to disturb you when you are sleeping. Thank you.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Customer STILL WAITING FOR YOUR EVALUATION OF MY 4 STATUETTES THANKYOU.

Thank you for your patience this has taken time to find the artist that made them. I wanted to be accurate in the values they were produced in the early 1970s and the following are the values. I could not find the signatures on these from the photos.

Each is on a wooden stand and the

elderly lady reading with child leaning on her lap............ 900.00

woman holding child and on standing next to her............950-1000.00

woman holding child and another drinking from jar............1200.00

man sitting in chair drinking from bottle.............1200.00

These statues appear to be Italian and are in excellent condition from the photos.

Thank you for your patience and of course you may start the statues at whatever price you would like however the values given are the values in todays market. The area you sell and whether collectors are looking and wanting these statues will need to be considered I would suggest etsy.com offerup.com goantiques.com or ebay.com on these for online selling. You may also check around and see if there are consignment stores in your area to sell locally. Statues are a hard one to sell unless collectors are wanting them.

LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser