Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Glenda only - this is an old store counter - with drawers in…

Glenda B only - this...
Glenda B only - this is an old store counter - with drawers in the back and tongue and groove on the front and sides. The top had been covered in linoleum and the front was covered in paneling, what a treasure it was when we uncovered it. Anyway - it is 16' in length and 32" high and 30" deep. We believe it to be maple.
1/16/2018
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser

Hello

Wow this would make a great counter for someone. I will do some research on this to find a value for you. It will be in the morning, when I sign back onto work. I normally work from 8 am until around 5pm central time but, if you send a question before or after that time as long as my name is ***** ***** I will pick it up when I sign in. I will see yours first thing.

Thanks so much

Have a great evening

Perfect - thanks so much

Good Morning

Hope you did not get snowed in from the snow last night.

In researching through all the Architectural Salvage Reference books, and Data Bases, I found that these Vintage Maple Store Counters are valued at $1***-**-****.00, they seem to sell on average of around $***-**-****.00, depending on the condition and where they are for sale at, if this were mine I would list it for sale at $1000.00.

Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is Offerup.com, Varagesale.com, Wanelo.com, www.decluttr.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com and letgo.com.
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.
There is also Amazon Market Place, and of course Ebay. You can also sell on Charish, where you consign items. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! All sites can be sold from with pick up only option.
.
If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.

It was a pleasure working for you. If you have more items you need values for. Just send to "Glenda Only" I would be happy to help.
.
Glenda,
.
If you do not mind rating this answer with the 5 star rating ( how we are compensated for our work ) I would greatly appreciate it.
You should see the rating stars at the top of the page on the left, if you do not find them please let me know.
.
If using a phone you have to scroll back to the top of the page where you started, there is a box that says finish rating! Then a box opens with stars in it, then you click the stars.
.
If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
again - thank you so much and it has been a pleasure - I look forward to working with you on more items

You are very welcome, I look forward to seeing what you have. It is a pleasure working with you

Glenda