Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Just Glenda, this pair of figurines were a gift to my mother…

Just Glenda, this pair of...
Just Glenda, this pair of figurines were a gift to my mother in 1979 or 1980 from ***** ***** sr the former owner of Harold’s Club in Reno NV. My parents ran the Virginian hotel and he lived in a condo on the property and my mom looked in on him regularly. They have no markings and stand from base to head each about 21” tall and 7.5 wide at base. My mom took them to a high end store in Reno back in the 8Os and told me they’d valued them at 1500. Any idea what style or where they came from, etc? My mom didn’t remember much more than that and left me them when she passed in 2011.
image0.jpgimage0.jpgimage1.jpgimage1.jpgimage2.jpgimage2.jpgimage3.jpgimage3.jpgimage4.jpgimage4.jpgimage5.jpgimage5.jpgimage6.jpgimage6.jpg
1/15/2018
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser

Hello

Are these painted Bronze / Metal ?

I think painted metal but not sure how to tell bronze or metal

They are most likely a metal blend,, where they used different metals to make a stronger metal, I can see why they valued them that high back in the 80's , I bet they are not far off that value now. Be right back

This is your answer, please read entirely.
.
The Antique Cold Painted Sculptures have an estimated value on the current market for an average of $600.00-625.00 each. Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market.
If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.

It was a pleasure working for you. If you have more items you need values for. Just send to "Glenda Only" I would be happy to help.
.
Glenda,
.
If you do not mind rating this answer with the 5 star rating ( how we are compensated for our work ) I would greatly appreciate it.
You should see the rating stars at the top of the page on the left, if you do not find them please let me know.
.
If using a phone you have to scroll back to the top of the page where you started, there is a box that says finish rating! Then a box opens with stars in it, then you click the stars.
.
If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

I'm just checking in once again to see how things are going.
.
Let me know if you still need help with this question. I strive to answer any and all questions a customer might have in order for you to have a enjoyable experience with me as an appraiser.
.
Rating the appraiser for answering your question has no cost to you, so please take a moment to rate this answer. This is the only way we get compensated by the site for our work. At no cost to you the customer.

This may be clicking the stars, rate expert or review expert.
.
If you using a mobile phone: scroll to the top of the page then click on Finish Rating, then click on the stars!

A rating is appreciated
Thank you
Glenda
.

Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser