Antiques

Have Antique Repair Questions? Ask an Antique Appraiser

Antiques

I have a vintage CocaCola Cooler Bin approximately

Customer Question
I have a vintage...

I have a vintage CocaCola Cooler Bin approximately 36”x36”x24” heavy duty stainless steel in excellent condition made by Sitco

Expert's Assistant: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

I now quite a bit about the item and I have a general idea about how popular these CocaCola Cooler Bins are amongst collectors

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

It’s made of Stainless Steel body of Cooler is painted red with “enjoy coke” logo on the front center

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Antiques
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Why won’t it let me add pics?
C3020170-298B-428C-A423...jpegC30201...jpeg620F96D5-0CA4-477B-95B1...jpeg620F96...jpegAFAC3FBB-B084-4DB4-8CB9...jpegAFAC3F...jpegF9CD0AEA-0EC9-4C29-9B9F...jpegF9CD0A...jpeg2D8E7EBB-5759-4816-9979...jpeg2D8E7E...jpegEBB77FB3-C17B-42A9-8C6E...jpegEBB77F...jpeg23A89F82-F0F2-4F3D-AE7A...jpeg23A89F...jpeg
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It’s approx 3’ high x 3’ long x 2’ deep
It’s in Excellent Condition and was designed to easily setup (even run a soda gun or fresh water)
Beautiful piece of equipment. Finding the right way to sell it will probably make the biggest difference.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
When will I receive a response?
1/15/2018
Antique Expert: Doris, Personal Property Appraiser replied 1 month ago
Doris
Doris, Personal Property Appraiser
Experience: Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.

Welcome! My name is***** will be pleased to help you. Thoughtful responses take time. I am studying your question and will return shortly.

My research indicates that this vintage Coca Cola cooler bin has an estimated retao; value of $2800-3500.

Online auctions like eBay generally bring wholesale selling prices.

If you would like to sell close to estimated retail, some ideas are:

The internet has your largest audience of buyers. Place small ads on these sites or set up your own small store on these sites.

Be sure to specify local pick up only for large items. That way the buyer would be responsible for obtaining his own insurance and transport.

These sites carry antique as well as vintage items.
Accept PayPal only.

Etsy.com - small fees-20 cents to list plus 3.5% final price.
Artfire.com

These sites are excellent and more upscale but fees are higher. I only recommend them if you have several items to sell.

Rubylane.com
Tias.com
cyberattic.com
trocadero.com
https://www.justcollecting.com

Or your nearest CraigsList.com where you can list items for free. Accept cash only.

Ultimately, to obtain these retail values we assume the piece or set is in good condition and that the final value depends on sale geographic location.

In general, a private seller to a dealer, via consignment or at auction can expect 30-50% of estimated retail value.

Insurance replacement values are usually about 20% more than retail values.

All my answers are quoted in USA dollars.

I hope I have helped you.

If I can help you with further questions about this answer, please let me know before you rate me.

I endeavor to give realistic, honest answers in a timely manner.

Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty.

Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system.

To complete this transaction, please click the five stars at the top right of your screen and hit the submit button. Or if you see "review expert" or "rate expert", you can click on that.

If you using a mobile phone: scroll to the top of the page then click on Finish Rating, then click on the stars! This allows me to be credited by JA for my Knowledge, Time and Effort.

Rating me does not cost you anything extra.

Bonuses are not required but are always appreciated.

Kind regards.

Doris

If you would like to use me on any future questions, requesting me expires in a short time. If you type "For Doris Only" as the first of three words of the question, I should be able to help you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Do you know the year or model name?

Are there any labels or serial/model numbers on this. They could possibly be on edge of inside lid.

Kind regards,

Doris

Doris
Doris
Doris, Personal Property Appraiser