Antiques

Have Antique Repair Questions? Ask an Antique Appraiser

Antiques

What's the best way to find what I have is valuable? I have…

Customer Question
Hi What's the best...

Hi What's the best way to find what I have is valuable?

Expert's Assistant: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

I have four reprints by currier & ives. One is by F.F. Palmer.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

One of the titles is The old Farm Gate and they all say Entered according to act of Congress AD 1867, by Currier & Ives, in the Clerk's office of the District Court of the United States, for the Southern District of New York.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Antiques
1/13/2018
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 1 month ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment. ~Nora

Please send images at your convenience.

There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

~Nora

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hello, I uploaded some pictures yesterday. Did you get them?

I have not yet received any images.

You can try emailing your images to *****@******.*** and write “For Nora/Antiques” in the subject line of the email.

Photos sent by email do not arrive to me directly nor instantly, they get forwarded to me by admin.

~Nora

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hello Nora,Please let me know you have received the images. I have more if you need along with other items. Since it’s my first time using this service, I not 100% I’m doing things correctly.James

Hi James,

I certainly will - thank you letting me know that you emailed the images.

~Nora

Hi James,

I received the images, thank you, ***** ***** came in as thumbnail size. I am not able to enlarge or zoom the images to determine the titles and if they are original to their time or later printings.

If you can check for some of these 'clues' on them maybe I can narrow this down for you.

What is the approximate paper size and image size of each?

Is there an NYC street address printed on each of them, for example*****

What is the title of each?

~Nora

Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur