Antiques

Have Antique Repair Questions? Ask an Antique Appraiser

Antiques

I'm at a lost of what to do with about 500 pieces of

Customer Question
I'm at a lost...

I'm at a lost of what to do with about 500 pieces of occupied japan figurines and other items that are not necessarily figurines. It's my m

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

Elderly mothers

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

I'm not sure. All I know is that my mother collected these items years ago by going to garage sales. I have acquired them because they are in assisted living and I'm trying to find a buyer for these things.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Antiques
1/13/2018
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 1 month ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher

Occupied Japan items are made in the late 40's to 1952 when the US was the occupying force in Japan. These items are traditionally low in value ranging from $10 to $30 each.

Some sites that I recommend for selling on your own are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local), Wanelo.com, http://www.decluttr.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com, eBay and letgo.com (local).

You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an
auction house near you and consign to them. That is probably the best idea in this case.
Please do click the stars now for this one (bonuses are also welcome!), it is very important for me
to get five-star feedback for answers.

I am following up to see if you are happy with your answer.
Please do let me know by clicking the five stars.

Rarewares
Rarewares