Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a painting from my great aunts house....the signature…

Customer Question
I have a painting...

I have a painting from my great aunts house....the signature is M. Maybe Cumminll cant make out the last name...picture is a cottage in the woods...I can send picture if needed

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

Dont know much...It was in a old frame nails in back,started falling apart...the last name could possibly start with an E not sure C or E....but deffinitly first initial is M

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

Would have to send pic,cant make out signature

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Antiques
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/9/2018
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 6 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. Please add images at your convenience by using the +Add File feature next to the SEND button.

I will need to see to see pictures of the painting,
signature and any labels on the back of the completed framing. The back of a painting tells us just as much as the front sometimes.

Give me time to do some research after you add pictures.
No need to sit by the computer, you will get an email when I do respond.

Will you be able to add photos?

I thought I sent already....did you not get them

No, I never got photos .

Ok when I get off work Ill try to send again...sorry.

Sure, I understand.

If you have trouble adding them here on the site, then you can

email the files to***@******.*** with
"forCustomerquot; in the subject line of the email and they
will forward them to me within 48 hours.