Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

For years my husband and I had two homes - one in Tucson and

Customer Question

For years my husband and I had two homes - one in Tucson and one on the Jersey Shore. We recently sold the Shore home and now have twice as much "stuff" as we need. In combining the two, I have separated things into Keep, Donate, and Sell. How do I fined someone in Tucson, AZ to appraise what I have to sell or tell me it should go into the donate pile? And then help with selling the worthwhile stuff?
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: The Sell stuff is mostly silver and crystal wedding presents (from 1964), ornaments I inherited from my mother (small Lladro and Cybis figurines), cut crystal from the early 1900's. There is also some furniture that we may sell, mostly antique.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 10 months ago.

Some sites that I recommend for selling on your own are https://marketplace.apartmenttherapy.com/, Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local), Wanelo.com, http://www.decluttr.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com, eBay and letgo.com (local).
Pamono.com, and Chairish.com.
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you in Arizona and consign to them. That kind of search would work better than doing a generic Google search for an appraiser.
Auctioneers come to you, do all of the work and you get a check 14 to 45 days after the sale minus their 15% to 25% (negotiable!) commission.
***Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the five stars. Bonuses are also welcome! ***

I am following up to see if you are happy with your answer.
Please do let me know by clicking the five stars.