Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a very heavy large throw, lap robe beautifully done…

Customer Question
I have a very...

I have a very heavy large throw, lap robe beautifully done in vivid colors.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

It apparently is hand done with fringe. Came from one or the other side of my late husband's family -- one side from England, the other from Luxemburg. Could you suggest someone to whom I could send a picture?

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

Extremely heavy -- approx 10' x 10' done in strips of various flora -- one of roses, one looks like calla lilies, another of exotic palm trees with solid lavender strips and a border of coral decoration around the entire thing w/ fringe all around. Rug? Lap robe? Blanket for sleds/open cars? no clue what it is.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Antiques
1/9/2018
Antique Expert: AppraiserJM, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 6 months ago
AppraiserJM
AppraiserJM, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher

Hi, my name is*****'m a certified appraiser, and I'd be happy to help.

Is it possible to upload photos of the item, including any and all marks/signatures?

There should be a +ADD FILES feature next to our Send button.

If not, then there is a paperclip above the reply box that you click to attach photos.

The photos won’t upload unless you also have at least one word in the text box! You won’t see the attached photo along with the text before you post it, but you will see the paperclip or attach button turn green.

If that doesn’t work, please reach out to Customer Service for help at no additional charge:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us 1(###) ###-####/p>

I look forward to working with you.

Sincerely, Jennifer