Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a squash blossom necklace that I want to sell and am…

Customer Question
I have a squash...

I have a squash blossom necklace that I want to sell and am being asked if it’s sterling. I assume it is but don’t know for sure. I need to know it’s value

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

I have been told it was made in the 70’s. There is some kind of stamp on it but is too small to read. I was told it is worth $600 but I paid $850 for it.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

Not that I know of. I have pictures of the piece

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Antiques
1/9/2018
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 6 months ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment. ~Nora

Please send images at your convenience.

There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

~Nora