Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a picture from my Grandparent au Livre it was given…

Customer Question
I have a picture...

I have a picture from my Grandparent Femme au Livre it was given to them back in the late 1800 or early 1900 from a Lady Gordon

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

I have a picture Femme au Livre by Jane Atche, it was given to my Grandparents in the late1800 or early 1900 it was given to them from a LADY GORDON

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Antiques
1/8/2018
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 6 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. The next step would be for me to see pictures of the art,
signatures if any and back of completed framing for any writing or labels.
Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures one at a time.

I have added a picture of this known piece.

This is a chromolithograph ( a print) likely in circular form by Jane Atche (French, born 1880)
titled Femme au Livre signed JAtche in the matrix.
Estimate $200 to $300.

To sell, try ads on these sites; http://www.masterpieceonline.com, artbrokerage.com, askart.com, artnet.com, artvalue.com, or artprice.com.
Some other sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local), Wanelo.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com,
eBay and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.
Please do click the stars now for this one, it is very important for me to get good feedback for answers.

titled Femme au Livre signed JAtche in the matrix. This piece was created as a print circa 1900 to 1910 and was a mass-produced item. Some are this image and others are double image of this image and another piece (see picture).

Estimate of this is $200 to $300.

eBay and letgo.com (local).

I am following up to see if you are happy with your answer.
Please do let me know by clicking the five stars.