Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have an exceptional 1840's 7'x7' rose pattern quilt which…

Customer Question
I have an exceptional...

I have an exceptional 1840's 7'x7' rose pattern quilt which was made by my Great Great Sally Greene on the banks of the French Broad River in Severe, Co., East Tennessee on land which is now "Dollywood". I am ready to sell it. It is of very, very, good quality. I have pictures.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

I do not say "excellent' condition or museum condition because it has an undetected 1' square patch in the whiting which is probably 100+ years old and about 4 small bites which have been very carefully stitched up again in the whiting. The 20x20" rose pattern squares of which there are nine are in museum quality perfection, no problems whatever, they are pristine....and gorgeous. The quilt, when hanging appears perfect.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Antiques
1/8/2018
Antique Expert: Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser replied 3 months ago
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser

My name is Glenda,
I am reviewing your question.
I will return in just a moment.

Do you have pictures you can send?

.

If your message box has a blue box that says "attach file" or a paper clip icon you can use that to upload photos. If not then Click the link: for instructions on uploading images
.
ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl
.
If your pictures are on a phone, plug the phone into the computer, then you can upload to the site right from the phone, the phone will be treated as a removable drive.

I tried to send pictures and it picked up the whole file? I don't know why, I clicked on the pic of the quilt only and hit the 'open' key as normally done but it sent the whole file. They are 1127 and 1119...the quilt pics that is, if you can find them. Send me another format and I will try to send them singularly. Linda

Hi Linda

The file did not upload at all.

Do you want to try to email them? If so try this.

Send the picture to ,***@******.***, in the subject line put " Pictures for Glenda B in Antiques".
.
In the body of the message put , your user name and name.
.
Make sure to send these from the same address that you registered with just answer with , so they know who you are. If you send from a phone the email address on the phone you use has to match the email address you used to register on the justanswer site with.
.
Sometimes it can take over 24hrs, depending on how busy the site is. We the appraisers are not employees of the Just Answer site, we come to the site to answer questions, we do not work there. They get photos in from customers, they then send them to the correct departments ( categories, ) then they are forwarded to the appraisers. I have no control over how fast all of this happens. I will let you know as soon as they send them to me.
.
Glenda

Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur