Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

We have porcelain plates that are only marked with numbers-

Customer Question
We have porcelain...

We have porcelain plates that are only marked with numbers- all six are the same pattern but each number is ***** different. 10441 with the number 55 underneath is an example. What type of china is this?

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

They were my grandmother’s and i am past middle age lol

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

Unfortunately we know very little. I wish i could send you a picture.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Antiques
1/8/2018
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 7 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name isCustomerand I'd love to help.
Use the +Add Files feature next to the SEND button to upload photos of the item, including marks, labels or signatures.
The feature works best when you add ONE picture, put a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

This is a set of Limoges French porcelain made circa 1890

in a hand painted pattern on a common shape. The numbers are inner-factory marks for paint, style and run number that do not give any clues for research today. The set of plates have a value of $40 each or $200 for the set.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local), Wanelo.com, http://www.decluttr.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com, eBay and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.
Please do click the stars now for this one (bonuses are also welcome!), it is very important for me to get five-star feedback for answers.

Family heirlooms not selling, but we’re glad to know.

To end this one, please click the stars in the upper right and hit submit.
A good feedback is the only way I am paid by the site.
This action does not cost you anything extra.