Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I received a small cup and saucer (child size) when in about…

Customer Question
I received a small...

I received a small cup and saucer (child size) when in about 1955 as an Easter gift. The cup is cream colour with flowers, stems and leaves in colour the handle of the cup has a green print on it and there is a green line around the Centre and base of the cup. The saucer has the same coloured flowers in the Centre. The bottom half of the cup and the outer edge of the saucer are embossed. On the back of the saucer and bottom of the cup is the following: of etruria & barlaston, made in England , wedgwood, patrician, (this part is hard to read) u.s.a.des,pat 74009. All oh is is in a circle form. Then further down is " Tapestry" tmd 44o, then further down it is embossed looks like dot,u4, then another dot. The first printing is in green and the tapestry, tmd 440 is in black. It does have a red r on it as well as a green comma. There is also a green 8. Can you verify the year it was made and some history on it. Also an appropriate value. It is in excellent shape and I hope to pass this on to my granddaughter at some point in the future.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

I don't think so. I've always cherished this gift and kept it safe.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Antiques
1/7/2018
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 8 months ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment. ~Nora

Please send images at your convenience.

There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

~Nora