Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a Closterman Rocking chair stamped. What is the value…

Customer Question
I have a Henry...

I have a Henry Closterman Rocking chair stamped

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

What is the value of a Henry Closterman rocking chair Stamped Dec031872

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

It is a small chair. 36 inches tall 17 inches wide

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Antiques
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/7/2018
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 6 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name isCustomerand I'd love to help.
Use the +Add Files feature next to the SEND button to upload photos of the item, including marks, labels or signatures.
The feature works best when you add ONE picture, put a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

Henry Closterman of Ohio was an inventor with patents of two different styles of folding rocking chairs and a few regular style rocking chairs from 1870 to 1880. Your 1872 Closterman rocking chair has a current value of $150 to $225 depending on condition. I give this range since you were not able to add photos.

Some sites that I recommend for selling on your own are https://marketplace.apartmenttherapy.com/, www.loveseat.com (in CA),
Vinterior.com (in Europe), Pamono.com, Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local),
Chairish.com, Ioffer.com, and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.
They do all of the work and you get a check 14 to 45 days after the sale minus their 15% to 25% (negotiable!) commission.
***Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the five stars. Bonuses are also welcome! ***

I am following up to see if you are happy with your answer.
Please do let me know by clicking the five stars.