Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

We have a complete set of haviland limoges china from a

Customer Question
We have a complete...

We have a complete set of haviland limoges china from a inheritance we are trying to sell it

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

We have a complete set of haviland china very old trying to find value trying to sell it

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

Not that i am aware of

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Antiques
1/6/2018
Antique Expert: Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser replied 6 months ago
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser

My name is Glenda,
I am reviewing your question.
I will return in just a moment.

What pattern is it? How many pieces are in the set and what are they?
Glenda

limoges
i dont know how many pieces

I do not do live phone calls sorry.

That is the name of the area in France it comes from, it may not have a pattern name as a lot of Haviland did not.

If you can tell me is this a service for 8 or 12, does it have serving pieces?

Does the set serve 8 people or 12 people

8 pcs yes it has service pcs

This is your answer, please read entirely.
.
The Haviland China, Limoges France service for 8 with serving pieces has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $1***-**-****.00 if sold at an auction(a local auction ) it would sell for a little less, If this were sold in a High End Antique Shop in a larger city it would sell for $1050.00 and up depending on the condition. If I were selling it I would list it for $ 1050.00
.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, and of course Ebay. You can also sell on Charish, where you consign items. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! All sites can be sold from with pick up only option.
.
If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
Please ask any question you might have about your answer before rating this.
.
It was a pleasure working for you. If you have more items you need values for. Just send to "Glenda Only" I would be happy to help.
.
Glenda,
.
Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. This is the only way we get compensated for our work.They should be located top left of the page. Or you may see review expert or rate expert.
.
If using a phone you have to scroll back to the top of the page where you started, there is a box that says finish rating! Then a box opens with stars in it, then you click the stars.
.
If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

I'm just checking in once again to see how things are going.
.
Let me know if you still need help with this question. I strive to answer any and all questions a customer might have in order for you to have a enjoyable experience with me as an appraiser.
.
Rating the appraiser for answering your question has no cost to you, so please take a moment to rate this answer.

This is the only way we get compensated by the site for our work. At no cost to you the customer. This may be clicking the stars, rate expert or review expert.
.
If you using a mobile phone: scroll to the top of the page then click on Finish Rating, then click on the stars!

A rating is appreciated
Thank you
Glenda

Hello

I see you are viewing my messages, is there are reason you are not rating this? If so I would be happy to help in any way I can to ensure a rating. Ratings are the only way we are paid for our time working on the site answering customers questions.

Glenda