Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a Old World Hammered Copper Strainer On the back is…

Customer Question
I have a Old...

I have a Old World Hammered Copper Strainer On the back is stamped cemal kuyas I received from my mother who purchased in antique gallery about 50 years ago What would be possible worth?

Expert's Assistant: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

Thats all I know

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

It is heavily patina

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Antiques
1/6/2018
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 6 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name isCustomerand I'd love to help.
Use the +Add Files feature next to the SEND button to upload photos of the item, including marks, labels or signatures.
The feature works best when you add ONE picture, put a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

I got the one picture, please also add one of the mark.

The name Ceymal Kuyas is Turkish, so this is a Turkish or

Moroccan copper strainer from the late 19th-century

with a current value of $100 to $140 retail.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local), Wanelo.com, http://www.decluttr.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com, eBay and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an
auction house near you and consign to them.
Please do click the stars now for this one (bonuses are also welcome!), it is very important for me
to get five-star feedback for answers.

I am following up to see if you are happy with your answer.
Please do let me know by clicking the five stars.