Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have 2 Oil paintings. They're both old. One is a ship. I…

Customer Question
Hi, I have...

Hi, I have 2 Oil paintings. They're both old. One is a ship. I can't read the signature & the other is quite large 24H by 36 W by Frederic Remington called Smoke Signals, it's Beautiful I hope they might be worth something

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

I don't know where to go. I live in north central, Wi

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Antiques
1/5/2018
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 6 months ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment. ~Nora

Please send images at your convenience.

There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

~Nora

You can try emailing your images to *****@******.*** and write “For Nora/Antiques” in the subject line of the email.

Photos sent by email do not arrive to me directly nor instantly, they get forwarded to me by admin.

~Nora

Hi, I sent the pictures twice, I hope you got them. I don’t know what I’m doing WRONG.

I have not yet received any images.

~Nora

I received your images, thank you. However the images of the labels and signatures are unfortunately too blurry to discern. Please send more clear, in-focus images of the signatures and labels.

When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.

~Nora