Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a 'rug' that I honestly don't know anything about. It…

Customer Question
I have a 'rug'...

I have a 'rug' that I honestly don't know anything about. It was given to my greatgrandfather in the late 1800's as a barter for a dept. My grandfather is noted in the Chicago Stock Exchange as the 1st American to bring Herford Cattle to the US. He was a physician in the 1800's. As far as I know, it is not wool rather silk. It is in perfect condition and stored in my CLOSET!

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

8'X10' has what looks like a KingTut within the boarder. I can send picture

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Antiques
1/5/2018
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 7 months ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment. ~Nora

Please send images at your convenience.

There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

~Nora

I am having trouble sending the pics for some reason

You can try emailing your images to *****@******.*** and write “For Nora/Antiques” in the subject line of the email.

Photos sent by email do not arrive to me directly nor instantly, they get forwarded to me by admin.

~Nora