Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a Noritake tea set with no name or number. What

Customer Question
Hello I have a...

Hello I have a Noritake tea set with no name or number. What internet address can I accessthe data base to find the name of the design.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

Am I able to send a photo to you

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

No what do you mean.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Antiques
1/5/2018
Antique Expert: Diana F., Antiques Appraiser replied 7 months ago
Diana F.
Diana F., Antiques Appraiser

Hi. My name is Diana.

.

There is no one specific database that keeps records on china patterns. There is replacements.com, robbinsnest and a few other online sources along with a few record databases that you have to pay to access. Even those sites don't have all the records. In all honestly, you may not be to find the actual pattern name. Noritake has been around for well over a hundred years and produced tens of thousands of patterns. Only about 15% of the names are known. They used names and numbers and they did a lot of variations for specific retailers. Plus all the wars caused major problems with the original factories and records were lost or purged.

.

If you could send a picture, I could run through the ones I have access to and try to find it, but I can't guarantee I'll find it.

.

To send photos:

If your message box has a blue box that says "attach file" or a paper clip icon you can use that to upload photos. If not then you can click this link for instructions on uploading images
.
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

.

thanks,

Diana